- 3 cups of rice, boiled
- A bunch of coriander leaves.
- 3-4 green chillies.
- 2 tsp of coconut, shredded
- 3 medium onions,sliced fine.
- 1/2 an onion, chopped.
- A few sticks of cinammon, a few
- cardommom seeds, a few cloves.
- 1 1/2 tsp red chilli powder.
- salt to taste.
- 2 flakes garlic.
- 1 inch piece ginger.
- Ghee or melted butter for frying.
- 1 cup of cauliflower flowerets.
- Some mixed frozen vegetables like beans, carrots and green peas.
- 3 tsbp ghee(clarified butter)
- Grind together the 1/2 onion, coconut, garlic, ginger and coriander in the blender, to make a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Fry the onions in a the ghee or melted butter. Also add the cloves, cinnamon and cardommom.
- When onions are browned properly, add the red chilli powder and fry for 30-45 seconds.
- Now add all the vegetables,including the cauliflower and sprinkle some water on it.
- Keep covered and cook on a low flame till the vegetables are cooked. This might take approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Keep sprinkling water periodically to speeden up the process, but do not add excess water as it will ruin the pulao.
- When the vegetables are done, transfer the vegeables to a big mixing dish, add all the boiled rice, salt to taste and the blended masala.
- Mix thoroughly and then heat it either in a microwave or on low heat on the cooking range.It is heated again to let the salt spread across the dish. Serve with Raita.