Making time: 25 minutes
(for two people)
- Moong dhal - 1/2 cup.
- Rice - 1/2 cup.
- Coconut cashew jaggery
- raisins (khish-mish - dry grapes) cardamom
- Fry the moong dhal (before washing) till it becomes little light brown (it will start smelling). Then soak rice and dhal separately for 10 minutes. Thoroghly wash and keep it in cooker with the right water (lesser is o.k)and cook it seperately (in two different containers). Meanwhile cut coconut in very small pieces and fry in ghee. Fry cashew and raisins also separately.
- Break the jagerry and put in water (very little) and make a syrup.
- This is done because sometimes jagerry has mud and stones. After we make the syrup strain it through tea strainer.
- Put the rice and dhal in a big vessel and add milk (may be one cup) and cook it till all the milk gets absorbed. Add jaggery syrup and again cook till even it gets absorbed. Add three big table spoons of ghee, powdered cardamon and cook again for a while. Add fried coconut, cashews and raisins.
- Serve hot in two cups with a spoon of ghee.