Making time: 15-20 minutes
Makes: 250 grams approx.
2 cups gram flour (besan)
1/2 tsp. ajwain (omam) seeds
1 1/2 tsp. red chilli powder
1 tbsp. oil salt to taste
2-3 pinches asafoetida water to make dough oil to deep fry
- Mix the chilli, oil, salt and seeds into the
- Add enough water to make a dough which is quite gooey.
- It should not be pliable but Sticky.
- Grease the inside of a Sev-press, fill with the dough. 5.Press into hot oil, and fry lightly on both sides.
- Drain well and cool before storing.
You may adjust the chillies as per taste.
You may omit chillies to make bland sev.
You may add finely crushed dried herbs (eg. mint) for add flavour.
Note: A sevpress is similar to a vermicelli press, but it should be small enough to handle over hot oil.