Making time: 45 minutes.
Makes for: 6
- 250 gms. paneer (cottge cheese)
- 3 tbsp. ghee or butter
- 1 onion chopped into strips
- 1/2" piece ginger chopped fine
- 2 green chillies chopped fine
- 4 tomatoes chopped fine
- 2 cardamoms crushed
- 1/4 cup beaten curd
- 1/2 tsp. red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp. garam masala salt to taste
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. grated paneer
- 1 tbsp. chopped coriander
- Chop the paneer into 2" fingers.
- Heat half the ghee. Add onion,ginger, green chilli and cardamom. Fry for 3-4 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook for 7-8 minutes, covered.
- Add curd and cook for 5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup water and cool.
- Blend in a mixie till smooth.
- Heat remaining ghee, add gravy and other ingredients except milk and paneer. Boil to get a very thick gravy.
- Just before serving, heat gravy, add milk and paneer fingers and boil for 3-4 minutes. Garnish with chopped coriander and grated paneer.