Making time : 30 mins.
(excl. pressure cooking time)
Serve : 4 (2 pavs each)
- 8 pavs (squarish soft buns about 4" x 5" size)
- butter to shallow fry.
- 1 capsicum chopped fine 2 onions chopped fine
- 2 tomatoes chopped fine
- 2 1/2 cups chopped mixed vegetables (beans, carrots, cauliflower, potota, beans, bottle gourds, etc.)
- 1/2 cup shelled peas
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. pavbhaji masala
- 1 1/2 tsp. chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- salt to taste
- 1 cup water (in which vegetables were boiled)
- 1/2 tsp. each ginger grated, garlic crushed
- juice of 1/2 lemon.
- 1 tbsp coriander chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- small pieces of lemon
- Pressure cook mixed vegetables and peas till well done. Mash them coarsely after draining.
- Heat butter in a pan.
- Add ginger-garlice, capsicum, onion, tomatoes. Fry for 2-3 minutes till very soft.
- Add pavbhaji masala, chilli powder, turmeric, salt, sugar and fry further 2-3 minutes. Bring to boil.
- Simmer till gravy is thick, stirring and mashing pieces with masala, in between. Add lemon juice, stir.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and a block of butter. For Pavs
- Slit pavs horizontally leaving one edge attached. (To open like a book).
- Apply butter (as desired) and roast open on a griddle till hot and soft with the surface crisp on both sides. Serve hot with bhaji, a piece of lemon and chopped onion.