Morkhozumbu, Mor Kulambu
- 5 cups of buttermilk
- 4-5 green chillies, slit
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut, shredded
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 sprig of curry leaves
- Oil for seasoning
- Water for diluting the buttermilk if needed
- Add 1/2 tsp of turmeric to the buttermilk and mix well. Add water if the buttermilk is too thick.
- Add salt and heat on a low flame till the buttermilk reaches room temperature.
- Take it from the fire and set aside.
- Roast in a little oil, one by one, the coconut, the remaining turmeric,jeera, coriander and green chillies. Blend to a smooth paste.
- Add this coconut paste to the warm buttermilk,
- put it back on the stove and heat for approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Season it with mustard seeds and curry leaves. Delicious when eaten with hot plain rice.
- Cannot be re-heated on direct fire.