Making time: 20 minutes
(excluding soaking time)
Makes: 15 vadas (approx.)
- 1 cup yellow gram (chana) dak
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dill leaves finely chopped
- 3-4 green chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
- oil to deep fry
- Wash and soak dal for 3-4 hours.
- Keep 2 tbsp. dal aside, grind the rest,coarsely. Mix all other ingredients, including whole dal. Add 2-3 tbsp. hot oil to the mixture.
- Heat oil, make pattie shaped rounds with moist palm. Let carefully into the hot oil.
- Fry first one side then the other till golden brown.
- Serve hot with green chutney, tamarind chutney, or ketchup