Making time: 30 minutes.
Makes: 3 cups approx.
- 1 cup gram flour
- 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp. cardamom powder
- 6-8 chopped almonds
- ghee to deep fry
- perforated flat spoon about 5" diameter
- Boil the sugar and water together. Add a tbsp. of milk to bring up the scum.
- 2.Remove scum and boil liquid till the syrup is sticky between the
- Keep aide, but keep warm for
- Make batter with gram flour, which should not be too
- The batter should evenly coat the back of a spoon when dipped in
- Heat ghee, hold perforated spoon a little above the hot ghee, pour some batter on the spoon.
- Tap very lightly at edge of spoon to allow small droplets to fall in the
- Pour back remaining batter and wipe
- Stir the boondis in the ghee gently and fry till crisp but not brown.
- Drain and put into the syrup. Keep for 3-4 minutes before draining from the syrup.
- Spread on a wide plate, add cardamom powder, almonds and mix
- Cool completely and loosen the boondi with finger till each droplet separates.
- Store in airtight container.
Note: Take great care while dropping the boondi in the hot ghee so as not to burn yourself. A little practice and it is very easy.