Making time: 30 minutes
(excluding cooling time)
Makes for: 6
- 1 each - carrot, capsicum, onion, small cabbage,potato, brinjal, tomato, ladyfinger (okra) 100 gms. french beans
- 1/2 bunch each spinach, coriander, khatta (3 leaved) greens.
- 1/2 bunch any other leafy greens.
- 1 cup green gram dal
- 1/2 cup horsegram dal (channa dal)
- 4-5 green chillies
- 2-3 clovettes garlic
- 1 tsp. red chilli powder
- dhania (coriander seed) powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 3 tbsp. oil
- 1/2 tbsp. ghee
- pinches asafoetida
- Clean and wash dals.
- Clean, wash and chop spinach and vegetables except tomato.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add all the vegetables, spinach and dals. Mix well, add enough water to cover the contents.
- Add all masalas and mix.
- Place whole tomato on top, cover and pressurecook for 3 whistles. Cool the cooker, open and handblend the contents.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp. ghee add a pinch of asafoetida add to the mashed vegetable. Serve hot with paratha or steamed rice.